BEST 10 MORAL STORIES FOR KIDS
There lived a lion in a forest bush. Near the bush lived a mouse in a hole. It was a hot day and the lion was taking a rest after a long hunt. The playful mouse came out of his hole and started climbing up and down the lion. The running of the mouse tickled the lion and he woke up. He caught the mouse and said. “You silly fool! You disturbed my sleep. I am going to kill you”.
- Never under estimate anyone.
- Even tiny things can be of immense help.
- The Smallest acts of kindness, make the biggest differences in someone’s life.
The greedy dog moral story with pdf
Once, there was a dog searching for food. It got a bone from a meat shop. The dog took the bone and went towards its house. It reached at the bridge of the river which was near his house. The dog saw his image in the water and mistook that some other dog is there in the water with a bone in its mouth.
- Don’t be Greedy. Greed will cause pain..
- He who wants everything every time will lose everything anytime” – Vikrant Parsai
Once there was a tortoise lived in a pond. Two Swans used to visit the same pond everyday. The tortoise was very talkative. It used to talk to swans for a very long time. Tortoise and Swans become good friends. All of them were happy. Once there was a drought and it lasted for long time.
out to some other place. The tortoise asked swans to take him alone with them. The swans suggested a plan, according to which tortoise would have to hold a piece of stick by its mouth and the swans will hold its two ends of that stick.
it opened its mouth, it fell down on the ground. The swans were very shocked to see their friend’s end. The tortoise died because of its impatience and foolishness.
- Always listen to friendly advice.
- Impatience never commanded success – Edwin H. Chapin
I hope you all enjoyed the story The Talkative Tortoise – English Short Stories for Kids.
4. The Hare and the Tortoise
Once there was a hare, he felt very proud because he could run very fast. One day, he saw a slow-moving tortoise. The hare laughed at the tortoise and said, “you’re moving very fast, shall we have a running race.”
began to move forward slowly. The hare ran at great speed.
long time to catch me”, thought the hare. He laid down under a shady tree and soon fell asleep. Meanwhile, the tortoise kept moving slowly and steadily. On the way, he saw the hare in deep sleep.
- Slow and steady wins the race.
- “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop” – Confucius.
- “The trees that are slow to grow to bear the best fruit” – Moliere
I hope you all enjoyed the story The Hare and The Tortoise Short Story for Kids.
5. The Honest Woodcutter
A woodcutter lived in a small village on the river-bank. He used to cut the trees on the river bank every day and sell them in the village. One day, while cutting a tree, he dropped his axe in the river.
The Woodcutter immediately searched, but could not see the axe. He sat down on the river bank and started crying. He said, “Dear god I dropped my axe in the water. It was my only source of lively hood. Please help me, god please give me back my axe back.”
The woodcutter saw the god mercury rising from the river. He heard the woodcutter’s prayer and went back to the river to find the axe.
He came back with a gold axe and asked, woodcutter, is this your axe?” the woodcutter refused. Mercury went back in and got a silver axe. “Is this your axe?”, the woodcutter refused again. The third time, Mercury returned with an iron axe. The woodcutter took his axe happily and profusely thanked Mercury.
One greedy friend of woodcutter went to the river bank the next day and hide his axe behind the tree near the river bank. As he sat on the river bank crying, god mercury appeared.
Mercury asked him why he was crying. He told mercury that he had lost his axe. Mercury went back to the river and returned with a gold axe. The man took the axe. Mercury was upset with his dishonesty and took back the gold axe from him and scared him. He ran back to the village without taking his axe.
Moral Of the Story:
- Be honest. Honesty is always rewarded.
- Honesty is the best policy – Benjamin Franklin.
- No legacy is so rich as honesty – William Shakespeare.
I hope you all enjoyed the story The Honest Woodcutter short story for Kids.
Once upon a time, there lived two cats near a village. They were close friends. They played together, slept together, and went everywhere together. Suddenly one day there was no food for both of them. The two cats went for the search of food, they found a loaf of bread.
first its mine.” Another cat said, “No I found it first, give it to me.”
- When you quarrel someone else gains.
- When two people fight the third one always gets the profit.
7. The Thirsty Crow
- Where there’s is a will, there’s is a way.
- There’s always a way – if you’re committed. – Tony Robbins
8. The Grasshopper and the Ant
It was a beautiful spring day, a grasshopper was playing in a green grassy field. In that field he noticed a line of ants marching along carrying some grains of wheat. The grasshopper asked, “ Where are you going with that big load?”.
Moral Of the Story:
- Work today and you can the reap benefits tomorrow.
- The Best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today. – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Click here to read this story with pictures,
I hope you all enjoyed the story The Grasshopper and the Ant short story for Kids
9. The Wolf and the Goat
|The wolf and seven little goats story|
near the house.
Moral Of the Story:
- Wicked ones are always punished in the end.
- If you will be bad to others, bad happens to you too.
10.The Bear and The Two Friends
Moral Of the Story:
- Friend in need is friend indeed.
- Hard times will always reveal true friends
I hope you all enjoyed the story The Bear and The Two Friends Short Story for Kids.